Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sint Maarten



Today we arrived in Sint Maarten, the final destination of the second leg of the trip. I had to say goodbye to a lot of passengers, with whom I have travelled from Papeete. I already miss them. Kathryn & Patrick, Jan and Ken (Hal), Winnie and Patrick, Nannie (Truus) and Pieter, Julie and Robin, Peter, Gert, Christa and Durchfall,Michael, Charlotte and many many more. Thank you for your company, your sense of humour but most of all, the fact that you seem to understand my sense of humour. I will miss you all and wish you a safe flight home, or in some cases a nice stay in Sint Maarten. Take care and as promissed, the panorama photo will be in your mailbox at the end of April.
For all the other readers of my blog: I have seen so many ports and islands I only know that I am in Sint Maarten at the moment!
We had another emergency stop, a passenger with hartproblems was transferred to shore, and guess what, again passengers complaining they could not go to a certain beach! I must admit, the passengers who came on board in Panama were quite different from the ones who boarded in Papeete. Loud, very loud Americans.There was one woman who sounded like having difficulties laying an egg, everytime she laughed!
It is not a very nice thing to say, but the noise level in the dining room was horrendous! One night I changed, put on some make up, went to the dining room, on may way to the Piano bar, and the dining room was already full with people! It was not even half past seven.
Most of them reacted they had not been fed for a long time, sitting down at a table at a quarter past seven. They have no idea what effect that has on the dining room staff. Of course, there were some nice passengers amongst them, but to be honest, I have not made much effort to get to know them.
When I will be home, I will try to capture the two weeks in the Caribean. I have not been to shore much, since I had seen most of the islands years ago and I preferred to stay on the ship.
Imagine, being on your own on the sun deck! Just the crew around, having lunch with about 15 other people. Heaven cannot be closer.
I will download some photo's, and after seeing them I might remember a little bit more.
I had to say goodbey to Walt this morning. Strange idea, first having been in touch for about 8 months through the internet, then travelling for 48 days, and he and his sister and brother in law, leaving this morning for home. I told him to give Bill three kisses from the very nice Dutch lady, with the soft skin, a very good sense of humour, made for comfort and not for speed etc. etc.
Well guys, I am closing off now. Am dying for a cool drink and a little snack.
Take care and please leave some comments on the blog.
Ineke


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant blog, Ineke! And no mention of any specific crew member (though photographs, sadly untitled, but we do expect a lot!) Guess which is your adoptee - and can quite see why! Ros, Jan and John had snow as they reached Scotland last Sunday - but guess you will not get this till you are home. Hope you will have had a wonderful trip and Claudia farewell memories! Love, Rokie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ineke,
    Am really enjoying your blog, it sounds so wonderful, having done several Indian Ocean crossings on board Star Flyer I know what you mean about new people joining, it's always very difficult.
    Do I take it that Claudia has left in St Martin, I thought she was on until Monaco?
    Hope the Atlantic is not too rough and you are enjoying the next 12 days at sea, they are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete