Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Added afterwards, March 5, 2010

March 5, 2010


The positive about the last couple of days is, the Sue and the Premes, won another quiz. This much to the annoyance of several "gentlemen" passengers!

The day before yesterday, several passengers thought it appropriate to attack the persons,who were asking the questions. Since the questions are asked in both English as in German, it sometimes happens, the answer to the question in English, differs from the one in German. The atmosphere, supposed to be relaxed, since it is just a game, ended up in such a state, that the cruise director has decided to stop the quiz.

In on of the quizzes we had to name the knot, which is used everywhere in the ship. We thought it was a half blend. Big discussion, and finally the quizmaster decided what was the correct answer.

The next day Roki saw Claus, one of the former captains, together with several passengers, checking on the knot. They even had some piece of rope with them, so they could copy the knot in the carpet. Roki took a photo, I am going to ask here a copy, and will show it next time. Just to show you how serious it gets. But the most funny thing is: the knot in the carpet is a non-excisting knot! So all the hassle for nothing.

There apear to be a lot of big ego's on this ship, but without the knowledge that most of the time, comes with it.

The questions are not that difficult. The winning teams have to provide ten general knowledge questions, so what is the deal! Our team started of with Ross, Roki and myself, than Sue came along, then Carla appointed herself as consultant and yesterday Sue two came to join us. We are an all female team, strong women, but most of all, we all have a certain knowledge of specific items, and we compliment each other. Nothing fishy about it, we are just knowledgeable! And we accept an answer from one of the team members, without any discussion. That is our strength.

So, what started off as a nice thing to do, just after afternoon snacks, and before the singing of Salve Regina, is now no longer there. Pity.

I am not going to Tai Chi any longer, I just feel not comfertable. So, one thing I have learnt the last year, is to listen to my body.

If you wonder what I am doing during the day, well, to be honest, not much, but since the ship is keeling over (we are doing 8.5 knots!), it takes a lot of energy to stay upright, and to try to keep your balance. Finally the wind is in our favour, but the sailing causes some problems in the dining room, due to the set up of the tables. Today we were not allowed to take the two chairs, having their back to the low side of the ship. If you tip over, you can easily hurt yourself.

One of the reasons I am not participating in:

deck golf

morning excercises

yoga

walk a mile

is that my knee again popped. Luckily Roki took a knee bandage with her, which she gave me for support. The one I have with me, covers my whole leg. Way to hot for this climate.

Yesterday I had a lovely massage from Chituma, my goodness, how such a small girl can have such strenth. It is amazing.

She treated my knee, and luckily it is no longer painful. But I have to be careful.

Yesterday evening we had a sing song, but instead of all the passengers singing, Danny and Ariel, two of the bartenders, performed. We all enjoyed it very much.

Then Claudia(passenger) and Joey (another bartender)gave a surprise performance. Claudia is from Argentina and is small but really well shaped. She really has a Latin figure.

Then a women, covered in a veil, showed up. Doing all kind of sensual movements, but with what appears an enormous false bosom! Several gentlemen were tapped on the head by their wives, some open mouths were there to be seen, but most of all, they all wanted to be in Joey's place! With his enormous hands he helped Claudia to keep the bosom in it's place. It was very funny, and finally Joey used a pin, and with a big bang, the false bosom was no longer there.

There was a lot of dancing going on, but I went to the top deck, to watch the stars. It was a beautiful night, a lot of stars could be seen. The temperature at nights is a little less than during the day, so still warm. Even with the wind we had.

Tomorrow it is Ross' birthday. She was born in the same year as I was. I have arranged a birthday cake (chocolate) and we will be with 8 passengers at dinner time. Will be a lot of fun. I bought her a funny Star Clipper sun hat. If she doesn't like it, she can change it in the sloop shop for something else.

Yesterday as well, when I was sitting in the Piano bar reading a book, Ricardo, one of the passengers came to me, and asked me if I would appreciate it, if he would play the piano, so he could lull me to sleep. My answer was, of course, please do so, but it can only be till 5 to three, because my massage. No problem.

He played beautifully. He taught himself, I find it amazing. So this morning, I met him, and he will play the piano for me again this afternoon. He is very nice and rather shy.

The best news of yesterday: my Sony e-book reader is brought back to life!

I asked Peter, the head engineer, if he knew if one of the electricians could solve the problem. So, I gave my e-reader, three different cables, and off he went.

In the afternoon he came back, and told me it was fixed! He did something to it, what I still don't know, and charged it through his computer. He told me to get back to him, when it needed charging.

I told him I had my laptop with me, so next time I will take my laptop and e-reader and Peter will show me what to do. So I can finally open one of the26 books I still have to read. To show my appreciation, I gave him three kisses, the captain and first officer were there as well. They looked if they would have liked to be on the receiving end for three kisses as well. Which, if they had asked, I would have been more than willing, to give them!!

To give you an idea what choices we are having for dinner tonight:

- Tomato and mozzarella salad with virgin olive oil and basil

- Small Bouillabaisse

- Cream of vegetable soup served with garlic croutons

- Chardonnay sorbet

- Fillet of Sole meunier style

- Duck breast in a delicate orange sauce

- Veal Parmigiana

- Crispy Iceberg lettuce with grated Zucchini and sherry vinegar dressing

- A selection of international cheeses served with fresh fruit and biscuits

- Coffee and hazelnut parfait

- Ice cream

The executive Chef is Danilo Silvano and the Maire d'Hotel is Kemik Carullah.

Since I have a lactose intolerancy, Kemik always makes sure, that I have a special desert each night and he also informs me if there is a course, which I cannot have. We have known each other for about 8 years, and I really appreciate the effort he is taking. He takes good care of me and, of course, of other passengers.

I usually take only the soup, the main course and the dessert. Since dinner takes place from 07.30 in the evening, I can't eat more without having trouble to go to sleep.

This week we will start with a backgammon competition. I asked Ross to show me the rules. I have played it years ago, so I am thinking of joining the competition. Will let you know in time.

Well, that will be it for today.

Take care and I hope to be able to stay in touch with my blog. If not, you just have to be patient.

Ineke

No comments:

Post a Comment