Wednesday, May 5, 2010

March 9, 2010, added afterwards


March 9, 2010

Once on the ship, you can be very busy. Just to give you an idea, I will list the daily programme below:

07.30 - 08.00 Morning gymnastics with Viktor or Gustav

09.30 Walk a mile with Gustav or Viktor

10.00-12.00 Mast climbing with Viktor and Gustav to the 1st platform (weather permitting)

10.15 Tai Chi with Rosemarie

11.00- 12.00 Accordion music with Joszef

11.15 Yoga with Ruth

13.00 Come and join Gail for water Aerobics or Pilates

14.00 Come and join the Bridge team for a game

15.00 Come and join Knut for his talk "Paintings under the Microscope" in English

16.00 Come and join Klaus for his talk "Kap Horn, part 1 in German

16.30 - 17.30 Afternoon melodies with Joszef

18.00 Singing Salve Regina

19.00 - 20.00 Cocktail melodies with Joszef on the piano

21.30 Trivia night. How well do you know the Star Flyer?

Afterwards "Night Fever" Disco with our DJ Joszef.

So, there I went, up the mast.

I first had to find a big enough safety climbing outfit. I managed, and it was a lot of fun. Charlotte, the passenger who went before me, had some trouble, so she asked me, to hold on. And there I was, I don't know how many meters above the ship's deck, singing: What a beautiful day of Queen. Even the Captain looked up, to find out what in the heck I was doing. I was just enjoying myself. Been there before, but still love doing it. On my way to the top, my top got caught somewhere, so I am left with a top with two wholes in it. I have to ask Viktor, the ship's sail maker, if he can do something about it. Am thinking of a Star Flyer badge. Will let you know.

We all had a lot of fun. Nobody choked, we all came down safely.

Just after lunch it started raining. I love swimming in the rain, it was made even more special since I was the only person on deck! It stopped raining within ten minutes, and everybody came out again.

Just to let you know, life is not that easy on a ship, I was awakened at a quarter to six in the morning. Just above my cabin there is the winch for the Fisherman. It makes a lot of noise when they use it. So I was wide awake, got dressed, got myself some tea and went to the top deck. Usually there is only the crew, cleaning up the ship. So you can sit there, and believe that you are the only one on the ship. It is beautiful and an very special experience.

So you see, up at six, to bed at twelve, I surely need another cruise, don't you think?

Well, this will be it for today. Still no internet connection. Have to be patient.

Hope to include some photo's.

Take care.

Ineke

No comments:

Post a Comment