Wednesday, May 5, 2010

March 6, 2010, added afterwards


March 6, 2010

Yesterday was a very sad day. One of the passengers died. At a certain moment the go to your musterstation signal was heard, and at that moment I was in the Tropical Bar. The bartenders requested everybody to stay were they were, so everybody did. After some time everybody could go their way.

When I was in my cabin, the Captain came on the PA system, asking everybody to come to the top deck, since he had an important message. At that moment, I was just stepping into the shower, so I put on some clothes and went to the top deck.

It was here that Captain Brunon announced that Ann, one of the passengers, passed away. When she and her husband came on the ship, they knew, she was very ill. But still, her deatch was sudden.

Just the day before, I was chatting with Ann. She told me something of her private life and she also showed me some of the needle point she was working on.

She was a lovely lady, and I am sure, she will be missed very much by her husband, children and family.

The next day, about 5 in the morning, Ann was buried at sea. It was what she wanted, as well as what her husband wanted. Is there a better way? I don't think so. They had been many times on the Star Clipper ships, they had been sailing around the States and in Europe.

The whole day there was a quiet atmosphere on the ship, since it has 127 passengers, you do not know everybody, but I was lucky to have met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment