Wednesday, March 24, 2010






March 17, 2010

Today we celebrated Ed's birthday. The same morning I was invited to sit with Klaus and Helen for dinner. Later on I found out that I had a double date! Oh my goodness, I am sure not used to that any longer!

I had to cancel the invitation from Klaus, and we agreed I would now have dinner twice during the remainder of the trip. No problem at all.

We had some drinks before dinner, and then it appeared a couple, who had been at the table with Ed and Sue before, thought they were invited! They were not! But how do you tell! So I offered to skip my place and move to the next table. It was fun, but there I was, having a double date, and ending up with non!

Most people were still at lunch, but I was on my way to collect my rugpack from the sundeck, when one of the passengers told me a big squall was coming our way. Just after I took my backpack, it hit the ship. About 75% of the swimmingpool water went overboard in one big gulp, I was busy retrieving towels, books and whatever I could find, before it went overboard. The Captain came rushing up, but the deck crew had, just in time, lowered the fisherman. From everywhere sunbeds were appearing and disappearing. It was havoc.

Then it started to rain. My goodness, although the rain was warm, it rained so hard, you could hardly see anything in front of your eyes.

I went down with everything I had found, to be met with Pieter, a Dutchman, who asked if I could retrieve his book. It was at the second sunbed. Since all sunbeds were now in different places, it took me a while to find out, that the book had disappeared.

Getting down the stairs in this weather is a bit tricky, but if you finally managed to do so, I was met by Pieter, who told me Robin had already rescued his book! At that time I was soaked. Went to my cabin, changed and handed over my findings.

With all the exitement gone, another day in paradise was over. They do slip through your fingers. Pity.

Take care.

Ineke

No comments:

Post a Comment