Friday, February 19, 2010





February 16, 2010


Today we were at Bora Bora. Since I have been to the islands before, I decided not to take any excursions. So Walt, Gail and I went to do some snorkeling. The sportsteam took us and others out on the Zodiac to a spot close to a reef. There was a local boat already, and when we went down, there were many, many fish to see.

Some of the people were feeding the fish, I got a fish head from one of the guys and suddenly a lot of small fish started pecking at the fish head. Was much fun to do. The fish did not seemed affraid at all. I some one big white fish, beautiful, and Walt and Gail saw an octopus. I have to ask Walt if he wil share some of his photo's with me. Although I took my underwater camera with me, I completely forgot to take it down.

The rest of the day was just a lazy one, doing some swimming in the huge pool, you can put in at least three strokes, before you reach the other end. Around the pool were some other passengers, some of them behave if they are staying in an old folks home, we, on the other hand, are here to have some fun. We probably disturbed their peace of mind, or, reminded them how it was, to be of younger age.

Walt and myself are two of the younger passengers on board. As far as we can see, there are only two young males, and one male, somewhere in between.

Oh, you want to know how old Walt and I are. Well, I am sorry, but I won't tell you Walt's age. If he wants to make this public, it is up to him. I am 21 months older, and I am 57. So ..........

February 17, 2010


Today we will be on Huahine. The sports team is taking out a lot of equipment to the beach. Ed and I went over to the supermarket, to buy some water, before going over to the beach.

Getting there was not that easy, but finally we made it to the very small beach. The fresh water supply was turned of today, so no fresh water showers.

There was a strong current going, and it took some time to get to the clear water. Saw some fish, not that many. My knee snapped again, so I had to wait some time, before I could move again. Walt and I decided to go back to the ship, he would return later, I decided to stay on the ship. Have not seen Gail the whole morning. There are only two options available, either she slept in or............

Stayed on board the ship, finally saw Gail, had a chat and took an afternoon snooze. Gail, Walt, David, Joel and myself had a pleasant dinner, followed by a musical quiz. Since it will be a sea day tomorrow, a lot more passengers than usual, were staying up late (till about 10 pm!). Normally you can shoot a canon at that time of night (sorry, it is an exact translation from a Dutch saying, into English). Perhaps somebody on shore, will find out what I mean, and will tell me the proper meaning. Giving you some homework, we are too busy. Sorry about that.

One thing I know now, I have to do my blog every day, otherwise I seem to forget, what I have been doing two days ago.

At the moment I am trying to recharge my Sony E-reader. No luck up till now. I have done it now at least five times. This morning somebody suggested that I plug it in on the 220 side of the ship. In the pianobar, for all of you who are familiar with the lay-out of the ship, on one side it gives you 110 and on the other 220. This will be my last hope. I have tried to recharge my e-reader by using my laptop, no such luck. In the hotel I used several connections, no luck. It might work out that something inside the e-reader has broken down. Would be really annoyed if that is the case. I only bought it one month ago, before I will be back another two months have passed. Will keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ineke,
    Eindelijk vandaag je blogs kunnen lezen.Ze wilden maar niet doorkomen. Zo te lezen heb je het prima naar je zin. Met een paar tegenvallers en ook meevallers blijf je in evenwicht moet je maar denken.
    Nou, hier hebben we het wel een beetje gehad met de kou; laat de lente maar komen!
    Ik zie dat je nog één stop hebt voor de lange zeereis, dus ik hoop dat je de e-reader weer aan de praat krijgt...
    Lekker van de rust genieten, liefs Stella

    ReplyDelete