Thursday, February 25, 2010




February 21, 2010


The stewards took my bed apart yesterday. Due to the lay-out of the ship, I have to climb into my bed, it is 1.20 from the floor, with the ship's movements, it is sometimes hard to get in and out. Everytime the ship rolled from one side to another, something was squeeking. It kept me awake for the last couple of days. The stewards hoped, the squeeking would be gone, after reinstalling the bed frame. No such luck.

Today they are getting me a new matrass, so hopefully this is the solution to the squeeky nights. One of the passengers told me the person in the next cabin is probably thinking I am having a lot of fun. I do, but not in the way he/she might think!

Well, the new matrass, but it was only 80 centimeters wide, my bed is 1.40 wide, so there would have been a big gap! So everybody decided, to put the new matress on top of the old one, then the drop would not be to significant, if I would fall off during the night. I did not think it was such a good idea! They have now put in more screws and bolts (they will probably not be able to move the bed in due time), and surprise! It stopped squeeking. Sorry, neighbour, but my sleep is more important.

They also put another duvet underneath the matress and told me the new one will arrive in Lisbon, just after I get off. To me this is no surprise at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment