Thursday, February 25, 2010



February 24, 2010


This morning we arrived at Nuku Hiva. After the excursion got underway Ross and I went to shore. We walked a while, saw some beautiful flowers, went to see the Cathedral, did some shopping and finally had the most delicious grapefruit juice, we both ever had. It was freshly squeezed, sadly enough we could not get a second glass, since they run out. The general impression of this island was that the houses and buildings were well kept, much better than on the other islands.

I just heard from people who have been on the ship's excurion that they thought it was a very scenic island. Beautiful scenery. They thoroughly enjoyed it. It is good to know. Although I doubt I ever will be back in this area.

It was very, very hot, some short warm showers, and we both were glad to finally be back on the ship. We had a deck lunch, ate some french fries with a hamburger. When I am at home, I never eat hamburgers and/or french fries. What a treat.

Ross and I bought some postcards in the tourist office, but I think they have been there quite a while, it took some effort to write them. It was just if the paper was humid.

So Ross is off to shore, getting to the postoffice to get some stamps. But shops and offices are closed from 11.30 till 14.30, while I am working on my blog.

I hope to include some photo's from the trip. I have to edit them, before I forget where I took them. Since I had my eyes lasered, I cannot see anything without my reading glasses, so I just take a gamble every time I press the button, and later on I am checking what I did with my glasses on. Up till now, I have not been too disappointed with the results. There is one I really like, it is a photo of a cloud. I will try to add it to my blog.

This will be my last blog message for a while. It will take 18 days before we get to the Cocos Islands. I will check regularly if there will be an internet connection, if so I try to update. But 60 minutes on the ship's internet is costing € 12.50, so I might just wait till the Cocos Islands, or even to Panama. In the meantime, we will enjoy ourselves with Pirates night, crossing the equator and whatever they might think of. Will let you know.

Take care and see some of you in 8 weeks time!


No comments:

Post a Comment