Thursday, February 25, 2010






February 23, 2010

Today we were supposed to go to Hiva Oa, but the strong winds made for a late arrival. It took about 4 hours longer than expected. After we anchored, the tenders were down, but due to the rough weather and seas, it was nearly impossible to transfer somebody safely from the ship to the tender. After half an hour the captain announced it was too risky, especially since we were very close to shore and the water was not very deep.

So of we went, sailing toward Nuku Hiva.

Just before sunset Claus played the bagpipes, hopefully he will do this again, since I did not have my camera with me.

I talked to Dominique, and asked if we could sing Salve Regina at about five o'clock in the afternoon. We used to do this with Captain Sergey. It is a song for the protection of the seamen and although I cannot keep in tune, I love to sing it.

Dominique came back and told me that either tomorrow or the day after they will start doing this. Really looking forward to it.

Last night, Captain Brunon joined our table for dinner. We had a really nice time, although it is sometimes hard to understand each under, due to the lay-out of the dining room. The noise seems to swirl through the room, making it even more noisy than it already is.

After dinner a lot of people went on deck, it was still very warm, and although cloudy, you still could see a lot of stars. It was the first night I was up after 10.00! Slowly getting there.

Claudia and John won the dancing contest, we heard a lot of laughter from the Tropical bar, but I did not go downstairs to have a look. It was too beautiful on the upper deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment